Thursday, May 28, 2009

Try It ! Coke Roast and a 5 Minute Corn Relish


I've got a long To-Do list today so I'll get right to the recipes that looked especially good to me from my clippings box. I love to try new recipes over the weekend when I have more time and my guinea pigs..uh..family are home to be my "tasters"!

I love Coca Cola. If you squeeze a fresh lime into a Diet Coke with lots of crushed ice, that is my all-time favorite drink on the planet Earth! Although, I find that I cannot drink a whole can of regular Coke (in the red can) after 7:00 in the evening, or I will not be able to sleep; it makes me very awake! What a wonderful American company, with such a great advertising history! If you visit the Atlanta area you should take the tour.

Coke Roast

1 small frozen roast (1.5-3 lbs)

1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
1 can Coke

salt, pepper

Place frozen roast in crock pot; sprinkle w/ salt and pepper. Mix Coke and onion soup mix until dissolved. Pour over roast and add mushrooms. Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.



5 Minute Corn Relish

2 cans (12 oz. each) Mexican-style corn, drained
1/2 C chopped celery
1/2 C chopped red onion

1/4 C white vinegar
1/4 C light corn syrup
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Cover tightly and chill until ready to serve.


Monterey Ranch Bread

2 C (8 oz.) shredded MontyJack cheese
3/4 C ranch salad dressing w/ bacon
1 loaf French bread, unsliced

2 TBSP butter or margarine
minced parsley

Combine cheese and salad dressing; set aside. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Brush w/ butter and place on baking sheets. Broil 4" from the heat until golden brown. Spread w/ cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 min. or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle w/ parsley. Cut into 1 1/2 " slices. 6-8 servings

Today I will be linking to LifeasMom.com for the recipe swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment