Thursday, October 18, 2012

Peach Crumble in Your Crock Pot

I think that one of the many delightful aspects of fall is enjoying the scent of cinnamon-laden desserts floating throughout your home.  During Southlake's recent Oktoberfest, I had a cup of hot cider with plenty of cinnamon, and it was like a celebration (in my mouth) that fall had arrived!  If you are anxious to celebrate that warm cinnamon embrace of Autumn, just put the ingredients for this wonderful peach dessert in your Crock Pot and savor the smell of peaches and spice for hours.  The bonus that evening will be a delicious dessert on your dinner table!

Peach Crumble (Crock Pot)
1 1/3 C rolled old-fashioned oats
1 C granulated sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
2/3 C buttermilk baking mix (I use Bisquick)
2 tsp ground cinnamon (I use more)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 lbs. fresh peaches (about 8 medium), sliced

Stir together oats, sugars, baking mix, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl.  Stir in peaches;  mix until well-blended.  Pour mixture into Crock Pot.  Cover and cook on Low 4-6 hours.  Makes 8-12 servings.

Swaps:
At the Picket Fence
Raising Homemakers
We are That Family
Deep Roots at Home
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam


13 comments:

  1. Sounds (and I'm sure smells) yummy! I really need to get a crockpot, as I haven't had one in years. But with 8 people in our home, finding a big one in our budget is hard to do! (Stopping by from Finer Things Friday)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might find a deal on a big one before Thanksgiving when they put all the kitchen and cooking/entertaining items on sale. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! I love finding good slow cooker recipes like this one....

    your newest "follower" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia,
    Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, I just saw fresh peaches at the grocery store this morning, so I know they are available here in Texas :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Marcia!
    I am visiting from "On the Menu Monday" and am your newest follower! I love anything that can be made in a crock pot. With busy schedules, it is so nice to come home to the smell of delicious food awaiting a few final touches. Can't wait to try your recipe. Please stop by Still Woods Farmhouse for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just started breaking out my crockpot...this is definitely on my next menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to buy some vanilla ice cream...it's a great pairing :0)

      Delete
  6. Wow - that sounds like HEAVEN!!! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds fantastic! Thanks for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peaches are my absolute favorite fruit. I love that you made this in the slow cooker! Thanks you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete