Monday, December 24, 2012

Last Minute Cookies for Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone!   We enjoyed having my sister, Becky, and her family here last week and so I've already gotten one of the best presents ever!  We went to Dallas one day, Fort Worth for one of the days, Six Flags for Holiday in the Park, Babe's, Texas Motor Speedway and Southlake Town Square...many of  the Texas hotspots!  Now all three of our sons are home...life is good!
 This Christmas has been fast-paced so far, so I haven't gotten the cookies and fudge done that I usually do by Christmas eve.  That got me to thinking that many of you might like a very quick recipe for cookies, as well.  So today, I'm sharing my Aunt Hazel's recipe for Date Balls.  Eat some of these delicious cookies  with your "kith and kin"...yes, we did watch Christmas Vacation with the Williamson crew while they were here!

Aunt Hazel's Date Balls

1 C sugar
1 stick butter
1 C chopped dates
1 egg
Mix well; bring to a boil.  Remove from heat;  cool and stir in 2 C Rice Krispies cereal, 1/2 C chopped nuts.  Form into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.  Very good!  

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!        ~Marcia

Swaps:
Homemaker on a Dime
Rattlebridge Farm
Stone Gable
DIY Home Sweet Home
Create with Joy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Thanks for the easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had a great time with your family. This cookie recipe sounds like a good one. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete