Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hot Barley Cereal....mmm-mmm

We're trying to eat healthier here at the Davis house.  It's a challenge because the whole crew lioves pizza(extra cheese!) and BBQ and hubby has a sweet tooth!  So you can see how we're, 'swimming upstream' here!
Last night before bed, I put 2 cups of barley with 8 cups of water and a tablespoon of cinnamon in the crockpot. 
This morning as I checked the pot, I felt it resembled dog food.  First looks can be deceiving, though, because it was delicious!  It is more hearty than Irish oats and has a nutty flavor.  If I hadn't added the spice, I could use the leftovers to make a beef and barley soup;  need to remember that for next time.
Hope you'll give this a try.  Well, I'm off to unpack some more moving boxes.  Justin"s here, so I have extra help today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment