Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mustard Potato Salad



We were going to grill hamburgers last weekend, and as I hurried through the grocery store to buy fresh burger buns, I thought of how good some potato salad would be as a side dish.  I went past the deli section and picked up their version of,"mustard potato salad." It was tart and had no boiled eggs or celery!  My conclusion?  Homemade potato salad is always the best way to go!  Here's how I make mine.


Mustard Potato Salad

Into a bowl dice:
-6 boiled and chilled Yukon Gold potatoes 
-4 chilled boiled eggs
-3 or 4 sweet pickles
-1/2  a sweet onion 
-1 stalk celery

Season to taste with salt and celery seed.  
In a separate bowl mix:
-1 1/2 C Hellman's Mayo
-2 tsp (or to taste) French's yellow mustard
-1 tsp sugar or Splenda
-a little pickle juice from the jar and a little water
Mix to pourable consistency.  Fold dressing into diced vegetables and eggs.  Chill for several hours or overnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment