Friday, June 12, 2015

Tangy, Crunchy Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad


  Now that warmer weather is here, I'm in the mood for salads!  I like the kind that you can prepare a day ahead and set in the refrigerator for folks to pull out whenever they want some.  These kinds of ready-to-go salads are the perfect summertime fast food!  The beautiful vegetables provide color and crunch;  very satisfying! 
  The recipe that I made today is an old typed one from one of my Aunt Sis' business classes (she required students to bring their favorite recipes for typing practice-such a smart woman!)

Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad

1 lb. fresh cauliflower
1lb.  fresh broccoli
1 small onion -I used Vidalia
Chop vegetables and toss with the following dressing.

1/3 C white vinegar
1/3 C sugar
2/3 C mayo (I use Hellman's)
1 tsp salt
Toss vegetables with the dressing.  Put in a pretty bowl.  Cover and chill overnight.


Have a great week!  Get out and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment