Here's a quick, spicy, dense cake that your family will love! It's moist and delicious with a pecan topping, raisins, and a cream cheese filling!
I concocted this recipe one time when I was craving a heavy fruit-type cake, but wasn't wanting to make the time investment of a traditional fruit cake. (Hubby doesn't care for carrot cake, so that was out of the question!)
Now, this recipe starts with a box of spice cake mix, but that means we're done in half the time! Stick with me, here!
1. Make a box of spice cake mix. Follow package directions, except, substitute the oil with an equal amount of your favorite cinnamon apple butter (homemade is best!). Add 1/2 C of raisins that have been coated with flour. Place whole pecan halves in the greased Bundt pan before you pour your prepared batter in the pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees until it tests done in the middle.
4. While the cake is cooling, mix a tub of Cool Whip with an 8 oz. package of cream cheese and 1/2 C of powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
5. When the cake is completely cooled, cut in half horizontally with a serrated bread knife. Spread creamy filling, replace the top of the cake and sprinkle with powdered sugar (looks like snow!)
6. Refrigerate any leftover cake.