Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu for Jan 16-23

Happy MLK Day! Everyone here is off for the day so we've had our lazy morning brunch and now I'm finally getting to post my menu for the week. If you're not in the habit of jotting down a menu, make it a New Year's Resolution! You'll be glad you did. I've gone through my "cooking week" both ways and it is much less stressful when you have a plan. Many times, as my week goes by, I find that the plan needs altering. Often, I just have to switch meal plans between two days. It is especially helpful just to have the food that you'll need ready....and meat thawed ahead. It's a money-saver, too. You don't make as many last-minute darts into the grocery store just to, "pick something up for tonight's meal" or even worse, find yourself in a fast food drive-through because the children are hungry and you're tired with no....meal plan! We all need those time-savers that make day-to-day life run smoother.

Here's what we will be having this week:

Mon. Jan. 16
grilled salmon with raspberry chipotle glaze
seasoned rice
corn
rolls

Tues. Jan. 17
spaghetti with fresh mushrooms
garlic bread
Caesar salad

Wed. Jan. 18
bbq chicken breast
macaroni and cheese
green beans with ham

Thurs. Jan. 19
baked lemon-pepper fish
potato chowder
corn muffins

Fri. Jan. 20 (Happy Birthday!! to my brother, Greg!)
roasted vegetable and/or beef fajitas
lemon meringue pie

Sat. Jan. 21
Irish oatmeal
wheat toast
coffee/juice

grilled steak
mashed potatoes
fried corn
spinach

Sun. Jan. 22
Manwich burgers
bread and butter pickles
chips
vegetable plate with dip

Leftover Buffet!

Swaps:
-Orgjunkie
-Skip to My Lou
-Make Ahead Meals
-Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
-Delightfully Dowling
-Beyer Beware
-A Southern Fairytale

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great well rounded healthy menu! good for you..and thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great menu! I'd love for you to share this at my new party:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/01/mix-it-up-monday.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete