Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Grilled Teriyaki Sirloin and Vegetables

Well, here's a short rant about the disorganization of my "moving to Texas" experience.  I know that it's been almost a year in the new house, but I still can't find some of my stuff and have no clue as to which box might be holding it.  (This rant does have a happy ending so hang in there with me.)  This past weekend I wanted to make kabobs on the grill, so I went to get the wooden skewers from the kitchen drawer, but all that I found were wooden chopsticks.  Now, somewhere in this house (or garage...or attic) I Know that I have wooden skewers!  They may be in with a box marked "bedroom closet #2"...due to unusual packing procedures on the part of our packers, but they are here...somewhere!  Also, missing...my Frankhoma corn-on-the-cob  dishes!  So, I decided to be creative and fix all of  the ingredients without putting them on skewers.  It was a total success!  I thought I would let you in on how we (Hubby does the grilling part) made this beautiful steak dish.

Teriyaki Sirloin and Vegetables on the Grill

Marinate a large piece of sirloin steak in a gallon-sized ziplock bag with plenty of French's Worcestershire Sauce for several hours (I put mine in the fridge the night before).  Our steak was probably 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick.  When it's time to grill, take the steak out of the bag and discard the marinade.  On a chopping board, cut steak into nice-sized cubes.  On separate board cut vegetables into similarly-sized chunks.  We used:
-red onion
-fresh mushrooms
-red bell pepper
-green bell pepper
-tomatoes
Grill meat until almost done to your liking, add the vegetables to the grill.  Season with salt and pepper.  Baste with your favorite teriyaki sauce right at the end to make a delicious glaze on the meat and vegetables.  I served this with my "backwoods-cousin version" of  the fancy potato dish from Truluck's (type  Truluck's into  my search box and you will find the potato  recipe that I concocted).  It is a super combination.


Swaps:
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Blessed with Grace
33 Shades of Green
All the Small Stuff
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Mandy's Recipe Box
It's a Blog Party
The Blackberry Vine

6 comments:

  1. this sounds so good. We.ve been moved to Texas from Mobile about 2 years. We have been able to find just about everything by now, but it does take time! Take care Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It's a small world; I have a cousin who has lived in Mobile for years. She's an artist and also works in the schools there.

      Delete
  2. This sounds and looks delicious; my husband would go crazy for this. I'm so happy that it turned out great even without the skewers, lol. Hopefully you'll find them soon :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves Teriyaki anything :) I know he would enjoy this as well. Thanks for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll share this week! Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moved from Oklahoma to Texas 3 months ago, and I feel your pain. :) I'm glad to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love teriyaki anything!

    Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday! I can't wait to see what you link up next week!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete