Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Fresh Pear-Kiwi-Walnut Salad

  After a busy day, there's nothing better than a fresh salad with bright colors and a little zesty taste.  If you pair it with some crusty bread and an iced tea, it makes for a quick meal.  It's a light but satisfying meal, too, if you  have an evening when dinner is later (this happens at our house!). 
  This is a salad recipe that I put together a few years ago.  It has become one of my favorites.  We had a similar salad at a dinner we attended back when Mary Fallin was running for governor of Oklahoma for the first time-so you see, it has been a few years.  It was a delicious way to begin the meal that night, but since then, I've made it my own by adding kiwi and a raspberry dressing.  I hope you like it as much as I do!


Fresh Pear-Kiwi-Walnut Salad
-Layer your favorite salad greens on the plate (Spring mix, spinach, romaine)
-on four corners of greens place thin slices of kiwi
--top with finely-chopped pear (skin on)
-sprinkle with feta cheese
-top with toasted walnuts (I just toast them quickly in a skillet on the stovetop so I don't have to heat up the oven)
-You can drizzle balsamic vinegar on the plate under the salad (this is how the chef did it) or you can drizzle a good bottled raspberry dressing over it (my version). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment