Sunday, November 29, 2015

Vintage Christmas Books



 I'm having a quiet  Sunday afternoon in front of the fire.  I just finished packing away the fall  decorations which are now back in the attic.  It's time to have a cup of tea and look through my collection of vintage children's Christmas books.  I just love the style and illustrations of these old books!  I thought you might enjoy them, too!


Old illustrations of Santa are my favorite!


Rudolph is thinner than the TV version!


This little book is from the early 1940's.


Is there an orange and a peppermint stick in those stockings?  Simpler times!


Babar and Father Christmas...an adventurous holiday story!


This little penguin doesn't like the cold weather! He's planning a trip to the South Pole.  The pictures are charming!


Check out the hot water bottles...and his map!


Waiting for Santa Claus is full of family-focused Christmas illustrations.  I love the picture of the dad reading to the children.


And before he was politically correct, Santa had a pipe!



And, finally the sweet story of a little French girl named Madeline!



Now we've come to the end of my Christmas books show-and-tell.    I hope it brightened your teatime!  If you're lucky enough to spot some of these treasures from Christmas' past at tag sales (or in your own attic) they make wonderful little additions to your holiday decorating (I love to decorate with vintage books).  Children or grandchildren would enjoy looking at them, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment