I made this hearty meal in my crock pot this week and we really enjoyed it! My house smelled amazing, too! We like our steak with mashed potatoes, but you could serve it with a healthier side if you like. Here are the steps to this easy main dish!
1. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place a bed of whole, cleaned mushrooms and baby carrots in the bottom.
2. Place four chopped steaks on top. (Mine were Angus beef from Sam's and were right out of the freezer!)
3. Salt and pepper generously (I used garlic salt.) then, add 2 TBSP of flour sprinkled on top of the meat.
4. Pour 1/2 C of water and 2 cans of French Onion Soup with beef stock over all.
5. We're all set! Now we go live our lives for 4-6 hours (depending on your slow cooker) while this meal cooks on the Low setting.
We're back home and we take off the lid of the slow cooker for the final 1/2 hour of cooking. During this time, we can make mashed potatoes or rice and steam a green vegetable. (As you can see, Hubby has to have corn with mashed potatoes! It's an unwritten law at our house.). I hope you like this as much as we did!