We had a birthday in this house, recently, and my Shrimp Prima Vera was requested. Hubby is not a fan...but it was not his birthday. So, I got out my big skillet, the olive oil and garlic, and got started! Again, this is something I've made for a long time and do not have a recipe to follow, so I'll just go through the steps.
1. Sautée a sliced (I use sweet Peru) onion and two cloves of minced garlic in a couple of TBSP of good olive oil in a large skillet.
2. Slice two or three different colored bell peppers and white mushrooms.
3. Add to the skillet, once the onions are transparent. (Be careful not to get your garlic too brown!)
4. Cook until tender, adding garlic salt to taste. When vegetables are cooked to crisp/tender stage, add your favorite jarred marinara sauce (tomato basil is good).
5. Simmer on low, adding thawed cooked (tailess) shrimp at the end. Just leave on the stove until heated through.
6. The pasta: at the same time, I cook spaghetti or linguini in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain. Then, toss with a little olive oil, garlic/herb blend (mine is McCormick) and some Parmesan cheese. Pour the sauce over each serving.