Here's a recipe (that my mom originally gave me) that I've been making for my family for years! It's perfect when you want something easy!
Shirley's Taco Bake
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet that has edges. Spread one can of refrigerated crescent dough and make a crust. Lightly dust top of crust with cornmeal. Put in the oven and half-bake it.
2. Take the crust out of the oven when it's puffy and light golden brown. While your crust is resting, brown a half pound of ground beef (or turkey) and season with taco powder and a couple of TBSP of salsa (Mom uses a small can of tomato paste).
3. When beef is browned and has simmered with the seasonings for a minute, spread over the crust.
4. Top with finely-shredded cheddar/Monty Jack cheese.
5. While baking at 350 degrees until the cheese melts, prepare your favorite taco toppings: lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, sour cream!
6. Take it out of the oven. Slice it up and let everyone stack their own toppings! So easy😉