Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chicken Carnitas in Your Slow Cooker


After a couple of end-of-summer trips to Texas and Mexico, I'm happy to be back enjoying the mild fall weather of NWA!  I got back just in time for my favorite season to begin. 
  I love the crisp air in the mornings when I walk Abbey, and although our leaves haven't really changed yet, I know it's coming!  It's time to pull out a couple of sweaters and jackets for that occasional cool day or early morning dog-walk!
  Around our house, the beginning of fall means searching for soup, chili and stew recipes for my slow cooker to "work on" all day.  What a great way to make your house smell wonderful. 
   I've got a Tex-Mex recipe for you that uses chicken in a tangy citrus/garlic sauce that cooks all day in your slow cooker, and then finishes under the broiler (to put a crisp edge on the meat before filling corn tortillas with it!). (Here are pictures of my process first and then the recipe). I found this recipe on ClosetCooking that I pinned to my board in Pinterest;  so glad that I saved this one!  Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment