Saturday, May 28, 2016

Layered Bean Dip


  I love to make this quick and versatile layered dip. It's delicious with tortilla  chips, pita chips or vegetables as dippers.   
  Get out a glass bowl (or casserole if it's for a big crowd!). Here's why I say it's versatile- you pick the layers!  The only layers that I think are essential are the cream cheese in the bottom and the next layer which is refried beans (I prefer the vegetarian version).  After that, you can layer what you like.  I don't care for guacamole so it is not one of my layers! 

I'll tell you how I layered this one:
-softened cream cheese
-refried beans
-green salsa verde'
-red chunky salsa
-sliced black olives
-shredded sharp cheddar
-jalapeño slices
-green onions
-chopped Campari tomatoes
  If you layer fresh, chopped vegetables on top like tomatoes or shredded lettuce, you will want to add those right before serving.  All other layers, up to and including the cheese topping, go in the microwave or oven until hot and cheese is melted!  Enjoy!!


I press any moist ingredients between paper towel or napkin.  You want them dry so your dip won't turn into a soggy mess!  Then, for less clean-up, I mince the small amounts of ingredients right on top of the napkin.



I hope you enjoy this dip as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment