Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Whew...Is It Wednesday Already?!


Sorry I've not been blogging since Friday. I was actually sick...very sick that day, too, but had my book review already written. I just had to push the button that says publish. That was a good thing because that's about all the energy I had on Friday afternoon. I don't know what this creeping crud is that I caught, but it has flu-like symptoms, so for all intensive purposes I've had the flu. By Monday night/Tuesday morning, sometime around 3:00 a.m., I started wondering, as I sat upright in the recliner, why I was feeling shakey and light headed (no blonde jokes here, please). As I reviewed the weekend, I realized that I had been continually on over-the-counter meds, hadn't been eating, but had been drinking hot tea (a diuretic) and lots of water (which carries away any nutrients you do have in your system). Aha! I must be dehydrated. I can't tell you how good that Gatorade tasted. I don't think it tastes good normally, so my body must have really needed it. I'm slowly on the road to recovery. How do I know this? Because, I went to the store this morning to buy more....Gatorade!

No comments:

Post a Comment