Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hot Mulled Cider-Time to Relax!


My brother, Greg, has a Christmas Pot Luck Party every year. Everyone brings a dish and he furnishes some of his homemade goodies and punch. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to enjoy this get-together a couple of times because of distance and circumstances. I know that one of his parties that I enjoyed had a punch bowl full of a warm cinnamon apple drink that Greg called, "wassail".

I looked through my books and Holiday Scrapbook, but the closest that I came to wassail was this recipe for cider that you fix in the crock pot. I thought, now that we're only 2 days away from Christmas, it would be a good recipe to share. It's time to relax in front of the fire (or just at the kitchen table) with a warm mug of cider and reflect on the year while we count our blessings! Love you, Greg.


Hot Mulled Cider

1 tsp whole cloves
1/4 C brown sugar
One 3" long cinnamon stick
1 orange, sliced

Tie cloves in cheesecloth or put in a tea strainer. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover; cook on low for 3-6 hrs.

Another option:
1 gal. cider
2 lt. ginger ale
4 oz. Red Hot Candies

Cook in crock on low for 3-6 hrs.


I'll be at these swaps:


KrazyKitchen
DiningwithDebbie
KellytheKitchenKop

No comments:

Post a Comment