Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge; The Traditional Way-The Easy Way!


In my scrapbook of holiday recipes, this is the traditional version of peanut butter fudge that I use. It is my son, Blake's favorite and that is, of course, noted along with, "sent to Japan '07 and '08".

Peanut Butter Fudge-The Traditional Way
Della Armstrong, Pine Grove Church of Christ

4 C sugar
1 can evaporated milk
2 sticks butter

-Cook over medium heat. Boil to soft ball stage (about 20 min.)

-Remove from heat. Add:
1 C peanut butter
One 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream

-Mix until desired consistency, with mixer. Pour into buttered 9"x13" pan.

-Add one 12 oz. package of chocolate chips in place of peanut butter for chocolate fudge.





Peanut Butter Fudge-The Easy Way
(Very rich)

-1 regular-sized jar of peanut butter
microwave in glass bowl until pourable consistency(about 1 1/2 min.)

-Stir in 1 can of sour cream or vanilla flavored frosting and mix until blended.

-Microwave 1 1/2 minutes and pour into buttered glass baking dish.


I will be at these swaps today:
BlessedwithGrace
WeareThatfamily
KrazyKitchen
KellytheKitchenKop

5 comments:

  1. My daughter loves peanut butter fudge! I must try this one for her. Love how you have the traditional recipe and a quick version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing both versions. My girls would love this as a snack in their lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peanut butter fudge but I've never made it. I will try this recipe.God bless, Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fudge is my kitchen nemesis. I like the looks of your recipe and will try it. Maybe this time I will be victorious!

    ReplyDelete