Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Grandma Winland's No-Bake Cookies

Here's a "Tried and True" family recipe for today. The church youth devo that I made these for this weekend was just one of the many times that I've provided them for large groups of kids. I stir up a double batch of these any time that I need something with teen appeal; chocolate, peanut butter, oats...what's not to like?! I remember having these at my Grandma Winland's house out on Route 7. Grandma, with her charming disposition and warm smile, was every bit as sweet as these cookies. I miss her, but fortunately, traces of her personality, voice and mannerisms remain through my mom and aunt. Here's the recipe for Grandma's cookies:

Jessie's No-Bake Cookies

2 C sugar
1/2 C evaporated milk
pinch of salt
1/2 C butter
4 TBSP cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C peanut butter
3 C quick oats, uncooked

Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir together and then spoon out onto waxed paper. Let cool, then put in tins to store.

Have a happy Tuesday! I'll be at these recipe swaps today:



  1. Mmmmm...these are some of my favorites to make with my kids. They're always a hit!! Plus they're fast and easy for when this mom needs some chocolate! :)


  2. You had me at no bake. Looks easy enough and yummy!

  3. Oh my, they look "heavenly". I've got to try and make them...SOON.

    Thanks for sharing this with us~

  4. Oh, I used to make these all the time..so simple and so many variations with them. Have you ever added walnuts, pecans, m&m's or any other stuff to them? Omg, they are so good with the nuts! Of course, costs more to prepare but when you want to splurge it's a great addition.

    I'm visiting for Three or More Tuesday...come by to visit anytime!

    Stephanie ♥