Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pueblo Corn Dish

I'm not sure where or when I got the clipping that has this recipe on it, but the writer (Juanita Pahdopony) says that she got this recipe at the "Shoshone Sun Dance in Wyoming over a decade ago". Add this information to the unknown time in which I clipped it, and it's Native American heritage, and who knows how old this recipe might be?!

Pueblo Corn Dish
(written down by Juanita Pahdopony)

-Fry 1 lb. of bacon (Ms. Pahdopony suggests turkey bacon and a little olive oil) until crispy
Set bacon aside; Save same pan for the next step.

-Dice 1 large sweet yellow onion. Put a couple of TBSP of olive oil in the frying pan. Saute' the onion; it should start to turn clear. Remove and drain on a paper towel.

-Julienne 1 large head of cabbage. Place cabbage in the same pan that you cooked the onion in (with the leftover oil) and cook it until it reduces down dramatically.

-Add 1 large bag of frozen sweet corn and put everything in a large pot (crumbled bacon, onion and cabbage) and stir quickly. When everything starts to steam and combine nicely add one 4 oz. can of mild-to-hot diced green chilies to the mix. If you like spicier, you may add 2 cans of chilies.

Have a great Thursday!

I will be at these swaps today:



  1. I must admit, this sounds pretty darn good!


  2. I love all vegetable dishes!

  3. I was thinking, no red meat, but I guess it does have turkey bacon!

  4. Cool recipe :) I think I'll try it out :)
    Found your blog while looking for people who enjy "Uncle Buck" it's one of my faves.
    Have an amazing day.

  5. Very interesting, Marcia. Most of us don't have Shoshone recipes. Thank you for sharing with all of us at Vintage Recipe Thursday.