Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tuna Pizza Skyscraper


Tuna is a pantry item that I buy in bulk when it's on sale or I see it at Sam's Club. It's great to have on hand when the meat supply in the freezer is getting low. It's versatile for sandwich fillings, as a spread on crackers (or celery), or for casseroles. My family likes Tuna Salad on toasted wheat bread and my casserole that has cream of mushroom soup and noodles. In an old cooking pamphlet I found this unique recipe for tuna and I thought I'd share it today.


Tuna Pizza Skyscraper
Ms. Renee Degiovanni, Lawton, OK

1 (7 oz.) can of tuna
1/3 C sour cream
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Dash of pepper
5 English muffins, toasted and buttered
1/3 C chili sauce
5 thick slices large tomato (this would be a good summer recipe!)
5 slices Bermuda (red) onion
5 thick slices cheddar cheese

Drain and flake tuna. Mix with sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; shape into 5 patties. On baking sheet, place bottom halves of muffins, spread with chili sauce. Top with tuna patties, tomato slices and onion slices. Bake 8-10 min. Remove from oven and top with cheese and muffin tops. Bake 3-5 min., or just until cheese melts. Makes 5 servings.


(If you're watching calories, of coarse, you could use fat-free sour cream and omit the cheese-that's my plan!)

I'll be at these great swaps today:

Rocksinmydryer
DiningwithDebbie


***Don't forget "The Middle" is on TV tonight!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment