Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nacho Potato Soup Uses a Box of Au Gratin Instant


I'm still on my soup theme (until I put away the recipes I got out of the drawer while hunting down the one for my chicken soup). Here's a recipe that's fast and delicious...especially for those who like a spicy soup; if you're not partial to spicy, leave out the green chilies and Tabasco.


Nacho Potato Soup

1 pkg. Au Gratin Potatoes
1 can corn, drained (I prefer frozen, if have it)
1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
2 C water
2 C milk
2 C cubed Velveeta (can use Mexican Velveeta to spice it up even more!)
Dash of Tabasco
Parsley

In Dutch oven, or 3 qt. saucepan, put potatoes and sauce package, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Add milk, cheese and Tabasco. Cook (stirring occasionally) until cheese is melted. Garnish w/ parsley. Makes 2 quarts.


Join me at these great swaps:

WeareThatfamily
DiningwithDebbie
KrazyKitchen
KellytheKitchenKop

No comments:

Post a Comment