Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pineapple-Apricot Chicken Thighs


I'm busy having a Monday-type day, today, because of Ben's birthday celebration, yesterday. While piles of sheets fill my laundry room, and the washer and dryer are going full tilt, I thought that I would take a break and share one of my best recipes for chicken thighs. I got this from a community fund raiser cookbook and it's a zesty recipe for chicken thighs. I think that it should always be served with steamed rice! In the summer, in fact, another option for this chicken is to put the thighs on the grill and then serve the sauce on the side (with that rice, of course!)


Pineapple Apricot Chicken Thighs

10 chicken thighs (can use white meat, too, but it's not as juicy)
3/4 C pineapple apricot preserves
3/4 C French dressing
1 (1 oz.) pkg. dry onion soup mix (I like Lipton's)
sesame seeds for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a cookie sheet, place foil and arrange the chicken thighs. Mix up preserves, onion mix and dressing. Pour over the chicken and bake for 60-75 min. The temp. and time might vary according to your oven. I bake it on my middle rack.



***Book I'm reading: The Blind Side***


I will be at these swaps today:

BlessedwithGrace
BalancingBeautyandBedlam
Gypsy'sCorner
Raising4GodlyMen
Allthesmallstuff

6 comments:

  1. What a GREAT!!! way to make chicken. THANKS!!! for the AWESOME!!! recipe.
    Come by and visit so you can enter my GREAT!!! giveaway for a waffle maker.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia, Marcia, Marcie (bet you never heard that before - HA!). You are overflowing with the best recipes, aren't you! This one is another must try.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful way to cook chicken!!! Thanks for linking your post to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Yes, yes! Butteryum, and I'm the oldest child in a family w/ three children...and I have a brother, Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful flavors to add to chicken.

    ReplyDelete