Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Beef Stroganoff

I'm posting late today! Sorry, 'bout that. I've been to the salon to get my hair done; I was overdue and it took up my whole morning, but I look much better now. I thought that I would share a recipe for Beef Stroganoff since it's on my menu for this week. What a great hearty winter dish! I will be making mine using cooked brisket from the freezer in place of the round steak. This is a great way to use up leftover beef of any kind.

Beef Stroganoff

1 1/2-2 lbs. round steak cut into strips
Olive oil or shortening
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 TBSP sour cream or lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 TBSP flour
1/2 C hot water
1 can (3 oz.) button mushrooms, optional

I will be at:
-Diningwithdebbie
-Kellythekitchenkop

***Book I'm reading now: Maximize the Moment by T.D. Jakes***

Cut round steak into strips 1/4 " wide, then cut in 1" lengths. Brown meat quickly in olive oil or shortening. Add onion and cook until tender and slightly brown. If you have it, add sour cream. If not, add a few drops of lemon juice. Sprinkle flour over all and blend well. Add hot water and stir while cooking and a gravy is formed. Add mushrooms if desired. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment