Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chicken Bacon Club Pizza


Last night we had Wednesday night Bible study at church and I teach the 2nd through 5th grade class. My husband usually flies through the door just in time to take off his tie, grab a bite of supper and back out the door we go! So, on Wednesday it has to be something quick for our evening meal.
I realized that I had "smothered chicken" and broccoli and cheese sauce on the menu...for Wednesday?! I don't think so! What a mistake, so I had to do a quickie menu shuffle.
We ended up having a favorite of ours which is "chicken bacon club pizza". Luckily, I discovered my mistake early in the day (I usually check the menu on the side of my fridge first thing in the morning). So, I laid out two loaves of frozen bread dough to thaw on greased pizza pans; I also grease tops of loaves and cover with wax paper). I, of coarse, had my roasted chicken breasts stored in the fridge from Monday. It made it easy to swap meal plans for that evening. Because we had pizza, we used paper plates...oh, I love quick and easy on Wednesday! Here's the recipe in case your Wednesdays-or any night is a supper challenge.

Chicken Bacon Club Pizza

2 loaves of frozen bread dough, thawed
1 jar Ragu alfredo sauce
1 1/2 C Hormel Real Bacon Bits
2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
Parsley
2 C mozzerella cheese
(Ham bits, broccoli, mushrooms-optional)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread dough on two pizza pans and make a crimped edge. Half bake the crusts til they don't look moist any longer. Spread with alfredo sauce,and all toppings except parsley. End with mozzerella layer. Bake until the crust is the way you like it and cheese is melted. Pull out of oven and sprinkle with parsley.
(We had cantaloupe on the side.)


Here's a tip: If, after Thanksgiving or Christmas you are "turkey-ed out" on sandwiches and want something different, you can make this great pizza with turkey instead of chicken!

_Thursday's Ultimate Recipe Swap is hosted by www.Lifeasmom.com

1 comment: