Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kids Hunt for Eggs-Moms Hunt for Groceries


After my school-drop this morning, I went immediately to the grocery store. Today is Thursday, and yesterday was the start of a big sale this week at Country Mart. I was "killing two birds with one stone"; wanted to get all the great specials before they were sold out, and avoid the mad rush of people who will be last minute shopping on Friday and Saturday. Although, Country Mart was quite busy...and it wasn't even 9:00, yet!
I had a fistful of coupons with me (Country Mart near me doubles up to and including $1.00 coupons) and my ad paper, and I was a woman on a mission! I got several great deals plus double coupons on top of that! I was such a happy camper! Here are some of my buys:

Honeysuckle White turkey breast .99 per lb.
Miracle Whip 2.50 (plus 1.20 coupon)
Imperial sugar $1.49/5lb. bag
large eggs $1.00/doz.(plus coupon for free 2 liter of pop)
Gold Medal flour $1.79/5 lb. bag
Philadelphia cream cheese .99/each
Kraft bottled dressings 3/$5.00 (plus $1.50 coupon)
4-12 packs of Pepsi products/$10.00
fresh green beans .99/lb.
Pillsbury cake mix .88/each

My total savings was $51.00, which was 42% off my grocery bill. I love when that happens! If you have a Country Mart near you , you might want to check out their specials this week. This sale goes until next Wed. here, I think; their ad papers usually run from Wed. to Wed. Join me for my Old Cookbook Review tomorrow...I've got a chocolate book off the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment