Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cute Easter Cupcake Idea


I just got back from taking the youngest son to school. It was a bit nerve-wracking since he rode the whole 15 minute trip with two covered bakery-type trays of cupcakes on his lap. But we, and the cupcakes, arrived at the high school safely and on time. Which brings me to my short blog for today (I have a Spring Tea to attend).
I made the cupcakes to help support the DECCA club. It's a club at the high school for students who are interested in business. They attend competitions where they present their business plans. The money raised in their food stand (staffed by DECCA students) helps with the club's expenses.
I have to first say, that the cute idea for these cupcakes came from a Peep's ad; you know, the little marshmallow bunnies and chicks. They come in so many colors now; they didn't use to have them in green and orange and blue. Anyway...here's the idea.

Frost any flavor cupcake with white frosting. Put green colored coconut or green sugar sprinkles on a plate; roll cupcake edges in the green. Gently push a Peeps bunny or chick into the middle of the cupcake.
These were so colorful and cute; I hope they sell like crazy!

3 comments: