Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Italian Bow Knot Cookies

The cookie recipe that I'm sharing today is a soft, buttery cookie; very delicate, so handle them carefully and you'll need wire racks or waxed paper under them for the glaze. Happy Wednesday to everyone!

My Holiday Scrapbook:

Italian Bow Knot Cookies
Mrs. Dan Crisis, Fennville, Michigan

Makes 6 dozen medium cookies

4 C flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
6 eggs, beaten
1 C sugar
1/2 C oil
1 1/2 tsp lemon extract

Blend beaten eggs into dry ingredients, following with all other ingredients. Knead until smooth. Roll into pencil lengths and tie into bow knots. Bake on greased cookie sheets in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Glaze when cooled.

Lemon Glaze:

1/4 C butter
1` lb. confectioners sugar
Juice of 2 lemons

Cream butter, add remaining ingredients. Stir until well-blended. If too thin, add more sugar-too thick, add more lemon juice. (I've also made these using vanilla instead of lemon.)

I'll be at these swaps today:
-WeareThatfamily
-DiningwithDebbie
-Momscrazycooking
-Thethriftyhome

2 comments:

  1. this is a real memory jogger for me! my grandma used to bring us all together to make the bow tie cookies. the unlucky ones made small balls with the extra dough for struffoli! my gran has been gone a few years and none of us has made it since she passed. this is a nice gentle reminder that i should really make these again...in memory. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club...and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great aunt used to make these cookies!

    ReplyDelete