Sunday, December 26, 2010

Out with the Old/In with the New Menu

This week we will be ending the old year and beginning a bright new year full of promise and hope. My wish for each of you is a year full of God's blessings. If you've never kept a "gratitude journal" you might want to consider it; it is very humbling to write down at least one thing that you're thankful for every day. I've done it before and was amazed at how many little (very important things...like oxygen!) I took for granted everyday. I still need loads of work in this area. I plan to keep such a journal again this year. Gratefulness (and not complaining) is a work in progress for me-like my "healthy eating plan"!
For me, this week of the year is always one of accessing, evaluating and transferring (bits of information about appointments and such from my old calender to the new one). I still need to choose a new calender with large spaces; always look forward to picking out a fresh, new one full of clean, blank squares of unused space.
I love the beginnings of a new year. It's that time when I plan and organize...and for us "list-makers" resetting to a new year is a joy! I know that God is in charge...so I like to give the Creator of the Universe something to laugh about...my little list of plans:0)

Here is one of those lists; my menu for the week:

Monday, Dec. 27

B: Irish Oatmeal in Crock Pot
Toast

D: Homemade pizzas
Veg. plate-dip


Tuesday, Dec. 28

B: Fried Ham (leftover) and eggs

D: Grilled Chicken
Glazed Carrots
Rice
Corn


Wednesday, Dec. 29

B: Fruit Salad
Blueberry Muffins

D: Ham and Beans
Hamburgers with onions
Cornbread


Thursday, Dec. 30

B: Cocoa Wheats and Toast

D: Fish
Oven-fried Potatoes
Green Beans
Candied Sweet Potatoes


Friday, Dec. 31

B: Scrambled eggs w/bacon
Fruit plate

D: Aunt Sis' Pulled Pork BBQ
Party foods
Punch



Saturday, January 1!

B: Pancakes
Sausage
Fruit

D: Pork BBQs
Coleslaw
Chips and dip


Sunday, Jan. 2

B: Cold Cereal

D: Chicken Casserole in Crock Pot
Green beans

I will be joining Orgjunkie today for MPM.

No comments:

Post a Comment