Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffed mushrooms seem to be one of those delicious little bites that people look forward to at parties where appetizers are served. I thought that with New Year's Eve on the way, I'd share my favorite recipe for them. The important step to note is that I only use Jimmy Dean Low Fat Sausage (every store doesn't carry it, but it's worth the search. When I find it, I buy several rolls and freeze them).

Stuffed Mushrooms

24 large mushrooms, stems removed
1/2 C bulk sausage, fried (Jimmy Dean's is the best!)
1/2 C chopped onion
2 slices bread, crumbled
2 TBSP parsley, chopped

Saute onion in sausage drippings until transparent. Dice the mushroom stems and add to the onion, cooking another 3 minutes. Add bread crumbs, sausage and parsley. Mix well and stuff mushrooms; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Note: Several years ago my dad told us how good Jimmy Dean sausage was, and once we tried it we never bought another kind. It's delicious and doesn't leave a skillet full of grease!

I will be at these swaps today:
-Lifeasmom
-Prairiestory
-Couponcookin

2 comments:

  1. I love stuffed mushrooms. I just need to perfect the recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete