Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Version of the Blonde Brownie Dessert


My sister first introduced me to the delightful dessert at Applebee's called, "The Blonde Brownie". At the time, I didn't get out much (hey, I had two children under the age of 5!!) It was at one of our "Girls'-Night-Outs" (where my very gracious husband stayed home, played with our boys until they were worn out,then bathed them, tucked them in for the night and then watched football on ESPN!) Meanwhile, Becky and I talked, ate dinner out, talked some more, shopped 'til we dropped (and talked some more)...and our favorite place to "drop" at the end of the evening was Applebee's for the Blonde Brownie Dessert with warm sauce drizzled over it!

A few years later, there was a wicked rumor that they were taking this scrumptious dessert off of their menu. How could this be?! Why mess with a winner? I went into panic mode and did what I do when a restaurant favorite of mine is in jeopardy...I tried to come up with my own version that would suffice if I couldn't order it anymore and I had a craving for it. Here is the recipe that I concocted myself. I'm proud of the fact that it tastes very similar to the Applebee's dessert icon!


Marcia's Blonde Brownie...In a Pinch!

2 C biscuit mix (Bisquick)
1 box light brown sugar
4 eggs, well-beaten
2 C chopped pecans (I think Applebees had walnuts)
powdered sugar

Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 min. Serve warm w/my White Chocolate Sauce.


White Chocolate Sauce

1 2/3 C (11 oz.) white chocolate morsels (or butterscotch)
1/3 C heavy whipping cream
1 TBSP light corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine morsels, cream, syrup and salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook, stirring constantly over low heat for 3 to 5 min. Stir in vanilla. (Oh yeah...throw a scoop of vanilla ice cream on there, too!)



I will be joining LifeasMom for the recipe swap!

2 comments:

  1. This dessert looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe with all of us out here in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten a blondie brownie. Who knew that's all there was in it?

    :)

    ReplyDelete