Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pizza Scoopers and My Seafood Salad


Here are a couple of cold snacks to keep in the fridge in the summer months. The first one is a recipe that Suzy Fox brought to a Church Finger Food Fellowship when we lived in WV. It contains all of the great flavors that you love in pizza...on a corn chip (Scoops). Suzy is the wife of a minister and at the time was rearing three hungry teens so she offered some great snack recipes!

Pizza by the Scoop

2 pkg. (8 Oz.) cream cheese, softened
12 oz. bottle chili sauce
1 pkg. (6 Oz.) Canadian bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
Corn chips (Scoops)

Spread cream cheese on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread with layer of chili sauce. Sprinkle with Canadian bacon, onion, green pepper and cheeses. Serve with corn Scoops.


I like this Hidden Valley Ranch Seafood Dip recipe (think I clipped it from a magazine ad years back). You can use it as a dip, but I add extra crab and turn it into a salad.

Hidden Valley Seafood Dip (Salad)

Mix 1 oz. packet Original Ranch Dip Mix with 1 pint sour cream (I use light). Add 3/4 C desired seafood (clams, crab meat or shrimp), I use 2 pkg. of imitation crab to turn it into a salad.

Stir in 1/2 C chopped water chestnuts, 1/2 C chopped celery and 2 TBSP minced green onions. (This is delicious served with Wheatables crackers.)

***********************************************************************************
I'll be back tomorrow with a new recipe that I've tried for making stuffed peppers in the Crock pot. I thought it was wonderful!
***********************************************************************************


I will be participating in these recipe swaps today:

Tasty Tuesday@BalancingBedlamandBeauty
TemptmytummyTuesday@BlessedwithGrace

4 comments:

  1. Marcia, both of these recipes are awesome. I will be trying the pizza one first. Mmmmmm. I love it hen recipes are passed on and on. We all benefit from the tried and true.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so anxious to try your crock pot peppers. I would love to invite you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Please come check it out. Thanks so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, both these sound great :)

    ReplyDelete