Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Game Day Nacho Dip


(My Uncle Dave's favorite team; Go Colts!)


I was trying to think of a popular snack for Fall football-watching marathons on Saturdays, and I have to say that everyone here enjoys nachos. In fact the guys like nachos anytime. I happen to have a dip recipe for nachos that you make in the crock pot, so I want to share that with you today.
Oh, by the way, congrats to Auburn on their win last Saturday; better luck this weekend, WVU! And, kudos to all the die-hard fans who stuck it out during an hour-long torrential downpour to watch their teams play.
God bless those who are now dealing with the after-effects of the flooding in Georgia; our prayers are with you.


Game Day Nacho Dip

1 C (1/2 of 15 oz. can) refried beans (I use fat-free)
1/2 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 C water
1 TBSP minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp chili powder
hot sauce, to taste

Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or low for 2-3 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

I will be at DiningwithDebbie's Crock Pot Wednesday today for the swap.

2 comments:

  1. ooooh! That sounds yummy! I can't wait to get a small crockpot for dips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this.
    I think I'll fix it for New Year's Eve
    Blessings,
    Joyful

    Please visit me at:
    apudiem.com

    ReplyDelete