Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls


Today has been unexpectedly busy! Sorry that I'm just now getting around to leaving a message, and tonight's busy, as well! Here's a great recipe that I've made before that I think you'll like. If you like cabbage rolls but not the mess of rolling them, this is a great way to fix it!

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls

White rice
1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium head cabbage, chopped
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 heaping TBSP brown sugar
2 heaping TBSP vinegar
salt to taste
(I like pepper in it, too)

Cook white rice(any quantity you desire) while preparing dish.
Brown beef and onions in bottom of deep pan (Dutch oven). Drain.
Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer over low heat until cabbage is tender; about 30 minutes.
Place some rice in bottom of bowl and ladle cabbage mixture on top.



Please join me tomorrow for my Old Cookbook Review Friday!

I'll be at LifeasMom and JoyofDesserts today for the recipe swaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment