Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ways to Use Leftover Rice


I love rice anyway you fix it! But it's like pasta, many times I fix too much of it. It's a "Cook's Bonus" though, because it's so handy to use in other meals. I wanted to post my Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers(see previous blog posting) at DiningwithDebbie's Crock Pot Wednesday today, and that got me to thinking about some of the ways I use up leftover rice. Yes, it's another of my "frugal use-it-up lists"!

Ways That I Use Up Leftover Rice:

-Stuffed Peppers (previous post)
-Dirty Rice
-Cabbage Rolls
-Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls (previous post)
-rice pudding
-stir-fry
-Spanish rice
-enchiladas
-under Shrimp Prima Vera (previous post)
-Spicy Rice and Sausage (previous post)
-with brown sugar and milk for breakfast (I like cold, leftover oats this way, too)

I guess my point is, never throw out that leftover rice! It's starter for another meal.

1 comment: