Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cauliflower Salad


Yesterday was our bi-annual visit to the pulmonologist in OKC with son #3. The appointment was at 1:00 and we saw the Dr. by 2:00 (she's a rare breed-Pediatric Pulmonologist, and in great demand), so it took the better part of the day. We had a delicious meal on our way home and enjoyed each others' company during the car trip. Ben had a good check-up and his breathing numbers were in the healthy range, so it was a great trip!

However, yesterday's "gad-about" means that today is doubled-up daily chores for me. I've been to the grocery stores already this morning (Tuesday chore), and now need to do laundry and prepare menu items in advance (Monday chores). There's also meat to be portioned-out and frozen (Tuesday chore). Anyway, it's all worth the day-off from household chores yesterday .

Here's one of the salads that I'm making ahead today (Walmart had heads of cauliflower for $1.50 each):

Cauliflower Salad
magazine clipping; Virginia Stephens, Tallahassee, Fla.

1 large head cauliflower, chopped or shredded
1 1/2 C salted peanuts
1 pkg. (7 oz.) dried cranberries
2/3 C light mayonnaise
1/3 C sugar (I'm using Splenda)

In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, peanuts, cranberries, mayo and sugar (Splenda). Stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.


***Please join me tomorrow when I give my recipe for making Tapioca Pudding in the crock pot!***

I will be at these swaps today:
BlessedwithGrace
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.com
Gypsy'scorner
Raising4Godleymen
Allthesmallstuff

2 comments:

  1. YUM...I LOVE Cauliflower Salad. The one I make has cashews and bacon in it. Peanuts and cranberries sounds yum too. I'll have to give this a try :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Cauliflower salad -- jsut had some yesterday at a restaurant. This looks yummy... and crockpot tapioca? I'll be back to check that out!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete