Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mammam's Zesty Chicken


I am ashamed to admit that this wonderful recipe for chicken has been in my recipe box for years...Years! "Mammam" Michael gave it to my mom way back when my first two sons were little and I just kept recycling it when I would sift through the recipes. I finally made it for dinner on Tuesday night, and what a hit! We all loved this chicken; I'm going to make it when company comes this Spring. On Tuesday, I changed the menu from fish because I found a nice fresh chicken at the store that morning. I served it with Garlic and Parsley Red Potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Here you go:

Zesty Chicken
Lina Michael, WV

Roll cut-up chicken pieces in flour to coat; brown in hot, oiled skillet. Place browned pieces of chicken in a casserole dish and drizzle 1/2 a bottle of your favorite Zesty Italian Salad Dressing over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, uncovered. Delicious!


Have a great Thursday. I will be at these great recipe swaps today:

LifeasMom
JoyofDesserts

3 comments:

  1. That's a great story, Marcia, and an easy recipe for such a hit. Thank you for participating in Vintage Recipe Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds simple and good! I love to try new recipes too, and often it is a loooong time between when I obtain a recipe and when I actually make it. And like you, when it's a good one I could kick myself for not trying it earlier ;) I'm really enjoying your site, by the way. We share a love for cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete