Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Mother-in-Law's Spaghetti Sauce

My dear mother-in-law, Louise, Has been on my mind constantly this week. She has some serious health concerns and is in the hospital. She is a wonderful mother-in-law and I would ask that you all put her on your prayer lists.
Through the years, Louise Davis has cooked-for and cared-for more people than I can name. She is a very kind person with a giving heart... and she's a great cook. You just can't beat that combination! Love you, Louise. We're all praying for your return to good health. Here's Louise's recipe for her delicious spaghetti sauce. She gave it to me as we were sitting at her kitchen table chatting one day.

Louise Davis' Spaghetti Sauce

Brown a pound of ground beef and a chopped onion. Add 1 medium-sized can tomato paste and 1 jar of spaghetti sauce. Add 1/2 tsp each:
-oregano
-rosemary
-basil
-garlic powder

Simmer all day. One half hour before serving, add a handful of pepperoni (take pepperoni out before serving). Mushrooms or Italian sausage may be added.


I will be at these blogs today for their recipe swaps:
-Blessedwithgrace
-Gypsy'scorner
-Balancingbeautyandbedlam
-Allthesmallstuff

No comments:

Post a Comment