Thursday, October 7, 2010

Texas Potato Beef Stir-up

On Thursdays I like to dip into my clippings drawer; my Mom has a big tin box that she keeps her clippings in. Yes, everyone who loves to cook usually has a stash of recipes that they have clipped or thrown into a box to "try later". If you've been guilty of this, make sure that "later" is now! Try at least one new recipe a week, and if there are other people or pets in your household, take a thumbs-up/thumbs-down vote after everyone has tried the new item (if you are a single-person household-you rule supreme!). If the new dish turns out great, copy it to a card for your file, if not, toss it in the "plastic Hefty white kitchen file" under the sink! At our house Hubby has veto power, and if the Lab turned up her nose, you might reconsider that food item (Labs will eat rocks!). Here's the recipe from my clippings drawer that I want to share with you today. Let me know if you like it in my comments box. I love to hear from other cooks!!

Texas Potato Beef Stir-up

1/2 pound ground beef (or sausage)
1 small onion, chopped
3 C O'Brien style frozen potatoes, thawed
1 C salsa

Brown your ground beef and onions in a large skillet (I like cast iron!). Pour off all drippings and stir in the potatoes. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and continue to cook 10 minutes longer. 6 servings.

Join me at Life as Mom and Around My Family Table for their recipe swap today!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with last week's Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table. Please feel free to link up again.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with last week's Tip Day Thursday at Around My Family Table. Please feel free to link up again.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete