Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Old Candy Recipe - 1948

Famous Pulled Cream Candy
2 lb. granulated sugar
small 1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar
2/3 C. water
vanilla

Combine sugar, cream of tartar, and water. Boil without stirring until forms a ball in cold water. Pour into buttered pan to cool. Turn into center once or twice while cooling. When comfortable to handle, pull flavor and cut with scissors.

I will be joining King's Court IV, Turning the Clock Back, and We are that Family for their swaps today. Be sure to come back tomorrow for more old recipes!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds Easy and FUN!!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/azXtae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old recipes! this one seems kind of confusing to me, but still fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't heard of an old-fashioned taffy pull since I was a kid, and even then we didn't do them. (I'm 54). But my mom, who's 87, used to talk about them. Fun, but time-consuming. I bet kids would have a ball with something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great idea for a family night. You'd have a lot of fun making it and then you get to eat it.

    ReplyDelete