Thursday, February 3, 2011

Butterfinger Candy Bar Cake

Last night, as I was cleaning up the dishes after dinner, I got a bad whiff of some nasty smell. I soon realized that I had a bad potato in a bag of them. It's amazing how one bad potato or apple can have such a strong odor. I tossed the spoiled potato and stored the others away (to have with a turkey later in the week). As I was searching through my recipes for new ways to use my excess of potatoes, I found this delicious-sounding cake recipe. I thought someone who reads my blog might like Butterfinger candy bars as much as we do. Here you go:


Butterfinger Candy Bar Cake
(Marsha Loiacona)

1 boxed angel food cake mix (or store-bought, bakery cake!)
1 large container Cool Whip
2 Butterfinger candy bars

Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions. Crush the 2 candy bars and mix into the Cool Whip. (Candy bars crush better when chilled.) When cake is completely cooled, frost with the Cool Whip mixture. Enjoy.

Book I am reading: The Shack by William P. Young

I'll be at these swaps today:
-LifeasMom
-Prairiestory
-MizHelenscountrycottage

4 comments:

  1. oh man! Here comes trouble! Sounds completely decadent, Marcia! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this before and it is so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia,
    Oh my goodness...your Butterfinger Cake looks amazing, I can't wait to have a slice of this cake. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday for us to enjoy. You have a great week end and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butterfingers in cake form is genius. I'm trying this.

    ReplyDelete