Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oriental Turkey

Sorry I missed you yesterday; I was traveling. My menu will be scattered this week, anyway, so you didn't miss anything. As promised, we will be sharing turkey recipes this week. We thrifty folks know that buying turkeys (and hams) after the holidays at bargain prices (and stashing them in the freezer) means you always have something to fix that makes a lot of meals! Hopefully, these recipes will provide variety. Happy Tuesday!

Oriental Turkey

1 turkey breast half
Cook in oven at 325 degrees for one hour. Top with 1/2 to 1 cup apricot preserves mixed with 1/2 C Catalina or Spicy French dressing. and 1 TBSP dried onion flakes. Bake 1/2 hour longer uncovered, basting occasionally. I like this with Lipton Terriyaki Noodles as a side.

I'll be at these great swaps today; check them out!
-Atthewell
-Gypsyscorner
-BeautyandBedlam
-Allthesmallstuff
_33shadesofgreen
-From Mess Hall to Bistro
-Fudgeripple

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good! My family always buys a few turkeys for the freezer when they are on sale, then we cook them throughout the year. I get so tired of the same bland turkey taste. Next time I'll have a way to perk it up in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make a similar recipe using pork steak or chicken, Russian dressing, and apricot preserves. Then I found the recipe I stick pretty close to in The Absolute Beginner's Cookbook Or How Long Do I Cook a 3-Minute Egg? It's called Easy Company Chicken. It uses 2 packs of dry onion soup mix and water (my mom didn't use those). It really does taste good though it sounds kinda gross! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up to Made From Scratch Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a simple and tasty recipe. i love turkey all year around! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete