Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Potluck Chicken

What a crazy -busy week! Hope that your week is going well, and if you are one of the folks across the country who got more snow, I hope that you are starting to see the sun magically melt it away. I'm ready for Spring; lately I catch myself looking at the lawn and garden section when I shop :) Happy Wednesday.

Here's a recipe that sounds good to me. I found it in a book called Hunt's Tomato Paste Recipe Collection. It will be the cookbook that I review soon. I am partial to recipes with tomato products.

Potluck Chicken

3 (2 1/2 lb.) frying chickens, cut up
garlic salt
pepper
1 (6 oz.) can Hunt's Tomato Paste
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
1 C water
1 tsp oregano
12 oz. mozzarella or Swiss cheese, sliced
3 small green peppers, cut into rings

Sprinkle with chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Place, skin side up, in 2 (9x13x2") baking dishes. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. In a bowl, combine Hunt's Tomato Paste with chicken broth, water and oregano, pour over chicken. On each piece of chicken, place a slice of cheese and a green pepper ring. Bake 30 min. longer or until chicken is tender. Makes 12 servings.

I'll be at:
-Wearethatfamily
- DiningwithDebbie
-Kingscourt4
-Turningbacktheclock
-Kellythekitchenkop

7 comments:

  1. Marcia, this looks really good. I too am partial to recipes with tomatoes. This looks great. I'm one of your newest followers. Come check out my blog www.applesandtwinkies.com and follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great...and easy:) Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to ever get through on your Google Friend Connect. Not sure what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Debbie. I don't understand it either. Will ask the 17-yr-old techie about it, again. Thanks for trying once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for a busy weeknight! Thanks for sharing and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to what you have to say on What's On the Menu Wednesday:)

    ReplyDelete