Thursday, February 10, 2011

Prize-Winning Turkey Stroganoff

I am going to continue our theme of turkey recipes this week. It all started because I decided to thaw out one of my post-Christmas bargains from my freezer (at 25 cents a pound, I bought the biggest ones in the case to stash away for later!) Today our recipe is a very old newspaper clipping from area cooks who won prizes for their delicious dishes. We like stroganoff, and turkey makes it milder in flavor.

Turkey Stroganoff

Saute 1/2 C chopped onions in a TBSP table fat (butter) until brown. Add 2 C diced turkey and 1 C turkey broth, boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 C dairy sour cream; heat together. Serve over hot noodles and garnish with parsley.

(My apologies to the cook-I didn't have her name on the clipping.)

I will be at these swaps today:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcia,
    Award winning indeed, this Turkey Stroganoff looks so good, we would really enjoy this dish. Thank you so much for bringing it to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!