Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bacon-Wrapped Breadsticks


This weekend we attended an "Arts For All" fund-raising event. Every year, the combined efforts of the arts community in Lawton create a fun-filled evening centered around a theme to raise money for the arts in our community. This year's theme was, "Lost Treasure of the Arts." It's an evening of live music, heavy appetizers, and both a live and silent auction for donated pieces of art and other goodies. I've gotten some unique gifts ahead for the holidays this way!

This year the heavy appetizer selection was very good. Two of my favorites were the Coconut Macaroons Covered in Chocolate, on the dessert table, and the Bacon-Wrapped Bread Sticks on the savory snack table. I have a recipe for a similar bread stick that I've had for a few years; I got it from my friend, Wendy, who belonged to a Ladies' Study Group in which I participated. She brought these great bread sticks when it was her turn to hostess the meeting. Although the bread sticks at the event for the Arts were made of a soft, homemade bread, I think Wendy's recipe is easier and tastier-because of the crunch! I thought I would share it today-you know that the holidays are coming, and you're going to need some sure-bet appetizers that are a hit!

Bacon-Wrapped Bread Sticks
Wendy Lindly

24 (4 1/2") hard sesame seed bread sticks
12 slices of bacon, cut in half
1 C grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap bacon around bread sticks. Lay on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until bacon's done. Remove from oven and cool to handle. Roll in cheese mixture and put on serving plate.

I will be at these swaps today:

BlessedwithGrace
Gypsy'sCorner
Raising4Godlymen

2 comments:

  1. GREAT!!! way to make breadsticks and so different.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look so good-I think I could even manage to make those!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete