Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot


I love it when I come home after morning church service on Sunday to have any part of the meal already prepared and ready to go. Here's one of my plans for make-ahead potatoes.

Wash and thoroughly scrub nice-sized Idaho potatoes. Pat dry with a paper towel and pierce each with a fork. Wrap individual potatoes in foil and layer on top of each other in the crock pot. Put lid on and cook on the High setting. If they're unusually large potatoes or just not done enough when you're ready, stick them in the microwave (without the foil) for a minute to desired doneness. (My friend, Genie, oils the outsides and sprinkles them with coarse salt to finish them up in a hot oven! MMM...just like "Steakhouse Restaurant-style" potatoes! If you're in a great hurry, or everyone's just starving...use up chopped broccoli, bacon bits, ham, sour cream, chopped green onions, or whatever's in your fridge and make a potato bar!

I'll be at DiningwithDebbie today!

8 comments:

  1. Very good idea. I forgot you can bake potatoes in there. One of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia, I did not know you could bake a potatoe in a crock pot , GREAT! lol thanks
    LOL Always looking for new recipes to make mine and my crockpots relationship a tad bit closer . rofl hehehe Bet that got cha laughing bahahah.

    Huggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcia, I am finding your blog very addicting :) You have GREAT Posts here.

    Have something for you.

    http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w109/R3n3339/Blog%20Awards/a96330e0.png

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea...I love using my crock pot

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT!!! idea. I love baked potatoes and all the extras.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the great comments; special thanks to Renee'!

    ReplyDelete