Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mashed Potatoes in Your Crock Pot


If you're like me, when you're facing the prospect of timing the holiday meal, you need all the items that have to be hot and cooked at the same time spread out to free up your oven space. I put the big turkey in my roaster and microwave the corn. I use Sister Schuberts Brown and Serve Rolls and pies are baked a day ahead. Today, I'm sharing a way to make your mashed potatoes in the crock pot; another space-saving trick! (A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!)

Mashed Potatoes in the Crock Pot

9 large potatoes (5 lbs.) peeled
Two 3 oz. packages of cream cheese
1 C fat-free sour cream
1 tsp. salt
pinch of garlic salt
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of pepper
1/4 C chives (opt.)
2 TBSP butter, softened

Boil potatoes on stove until tender. Drain and mash until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Beat until light and fluffy. Cool. Cover and place in refrigerator.
Next day or later: Pour potatoes into greased crock. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours.

Great recipe for holiday or Sunday dinner after church!


I will be joining these recipe swaps today:

DiningwithDebbie
KrazyKitchen

3 comments:

  1. This is a keeper of a recipe. I can't wait to give it a try!!

    Thanks for sharing - Happy Thanksgiving!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving...back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did not even see you had posted a mashed potato one til I posted man we were thinking very much alike too much to do for thanksgiving and any shortcut helps

    ReplyDelete